StartupTalky.com Online Privacy Statement
Privacy is important. We respect yours. Our goal is to do more than we have to by law? We want to earn your trust that we are careful with your data. However, in order to endow you with our uninterrupted use of services, we need to collect and, in some circumstances, disclose information about you. To enhance better protection of your privacy we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
- “You”, “Your”, “Yourself” and “User” shall mean and refer to natural and legal individuals who use the Website.
- “Website” shall mean and refer to www.startuptalky.com
- “Personal Information” shall mean and refer to any personally identifiable information that We may collect from You.
- “Third Parties” refer to any Website, Company or individual apart from the User and the creator of the Website.
- The kind of information we collect.
We collect information to provide better services to all of our website visitors. We basically collect information about you from the following two sources:
- The Information you give us (“user Profile”). For example, many of our services require you create an account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, designation.
- The information we collect from your use of our website. This information relates generally to what editorial and advertising content you view. This information includes all the data provided by Google analytics and third party companies.
- How We Use Information We Collect.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To operate, maintain and provide features and functionality, and to notify you of enhancements to our Site.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by [sms or email].
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our user.We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Advertising on Our Website.
Advertising on our website makes it possible for us to offer you the information and products/services free of charge. We take seriously and make every effort to make sure that that advertising is safe, unobtrusive and as relevant as possible.
Cookies are used to make that advertising as relevant as possible to the needs and interests of our website visitors, and more valuable to our advertisers in being able to show our visitors more relevant ads. Cookies are also used to avoid you seeing the same ad multiple times and to detect and prevent click fraud. We use AdSense, Google Analytics which help us manage and improve our website and help our advertisers better understand and track user interaction with their ads. When you visit a location on our website which includes one or more of these ads, various cookies may be sent to your browser.
We may use other technologies, including Flash and HTML5, which provide the functionality for such displays as interactive advertising. We may also use your IP address to select and provide advertising targeted to that address, in order to improve the relevance of the ads you see and to measure and report to advertiser’s non-personal statistical information about geographical location of those website visitors who are viewing their ads.
- Privacy and Choice.
People have different concerns about privacy. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how that information is used. You may set your browser in its “options” or “preferences” feature in order to warn you before accepting cookies or to disable all cookies entirely. However, it is important to understand that many of the services we provide on our website and to our website visitors may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. .
- The Information You Share
Our website allows visitors to share information with others, such as comments on editorial content and information shared via social media. When you share information it may as a result become accessible to others, through such mechanisms as search engines. We cannot be responsible for how others with whom you may share information may use that information.
- Updating Your Personal Information.
It is our policy that, whenever you visit our website, you should be able to access your personal information, which is information identifying you such as name, email address. If that information is incorrect, we try to provide you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, which would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so at no cost to you, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our website, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
- The Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Startuptalky, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ST when we have your opt-in or other consent to do so. .
- We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of StartupTalky if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
(i) comply with applicable law, regulations, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
(ii) enforce any of our applicable Terms of Service, including any potential violations.
(iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
(iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our website visitors or service providers, as well as the general public and EMI as required or permitted by law.
- The Protection of Your Information.
We work hard to protect the information provided by, or collected about, our website visitors from unauthorized access, or alteration, disclosure or destruction. In particular:
- a. We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to our systems and the information collected and stored therein
- b. We restrict access to personal information to those of our employees, contractors and agents, who need to know that information in order to process it for us, who are subject to the obligation of strict confidentiality as relates to that information, and who will be subject to discipline, including termination, if they violate that obligation.
- Services offered by other companies or individuals on non-StartupTalky websites, including any such websites which may be referenced on or linked from the Startuptalky Website.
- Handling Complaints from Our Website Visitors and Regulatory Authorities.
You are therefore advised to re-read the Terms of Service on a regular basis. Should it be that you do not accept any of the modifications or amendments to the Terms, you may terminate your use of this website immediately.
We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by members inside and outside the LLP. We do not recommend transfer of sensitive information (such as credit card number) and bank account details via the Site to other Users. Users are recommended to do so offline, on the phone or via personal emails. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once We receive it. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. You therefore agree that any security breaches beyond the control of our standard security procedures are at your sole risk and discretion.
- Contacting us.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with any of the terms used or have any questions, contact us at email@example.com