There is a plethora of team chat applications out there, but that also means that you will have to look for the one that suits your needs best. Pandemic or no pandemic, official work requires team collaboration, especially on occasions such as building projects, presentations, or even planning out an event. Team communication is extremely important in such tasks. This begs the question, which team chatting applications should we use instead?
What makes an exceptional Organization Chatting Application?
To filter out the best team chat application for any organization, we should consider a few things in mind. To begin with, we all know that for different team chats or office chats, we need diverse platforms for group chats.
In addition, one should also keep in mind that the corporate messaging app needs to be organized. For instance, some messages need to be seen by the entire company, others at the team level. Furthermore, the office instant messaging system demands good search and filter options along with excellent navigation and control.
In conclusion, a business chat app should offer exceptional video and audio chat so that employees can converse easily. There are various features that we expect from a team conversing application, while some are complimentary, some are provided at a cost or a subscription.
Here we discuss the top 5 Teams Chatting Applications, for you to decide which suits you best.
|Platforms||Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and the Web.|
Slack is a popular Teams Communication Platform that offers safe and secure collaboration and chats among your colleagues. You can form different channels for diverse niches or projects, similar to Discord. You can also contact us through video conferencing or collaborate over a voice call. You also get to integrate your internal tools with slack, for a more efficient workflow.
Features Offered by Slack
- Create dedicated channels for individual topics, projects, and events, and use those channels solely for the assigned purpose.
- Slack saves your previous data, so if you need to navigate an earlier project or a chat, you can probably find that on Slack.
- Slack lets you manage remote teams from other companies just like yours, with a comprehensive message archive feature, so you do not have to shuffle between tabs.
- Slack can be further integrated with applications such as Office and Google Drive, with over 2200 integrations available, to manage tasks more efficiently.
- Security is of paramount importance in the data-driven world and slack knows this. Slack also offers complete control and visibility with encryption keys.
Pricing for Slack
|Standard Plan||Plus Plan||Enterprise Grid|
|Used by SMEs and costs $2.67 per user per month when billed annually and $3.20 when billed monthly||Used by larger businesses and costs $5 per user per month when billed annually and $6 when billed monthly||Used for big enterprises and industries and offers custom pricing|
|Offers unlimited message archiving and applications along with group video calls with screen sharing||Offers user provisioning and dis-provisioning, and single sign-ins using SAML||Offers unlimited workspaces, data loss prevention, and offline backup providers|
|Use Slack connect to collaborate with other organizations||Allows for data exports for all messages||Offers message compliance of HIPAA with file collaboration|
|Platforms||Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows.|
Ryver is an easy, simple, and affordable team collaboration platform to organize meetings and communicate with a single application. Ryver allows group messaging with unlimited file sharing, task management with unlimited tasks and boards, along with audio and video calls with screen sharing. Also, like Slack, it offers a single sign-in through SAML and direct support during regular work hours.
Features Offered by Ryver
- Ryver offers Forums for open discussions, Teams for private or project-based conversations, and people platforms for one on one communications.
- Allows you to chat, organize conversations by tasks, and call over voice and video calls for better communication.
- Ryver offers a number of integrations such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and applications using Zapier, while also offering new Streaming Services.
- Ryver does not limit your work. It also offers unlimited chats, tasks, video and audio calls, teams and forums, and file sharing to ensure your work goes on without obstacles.
- Ryver uses SSL-based encryption to protect your data, as well as AWS cloud service security features.
Pricing for Ryver
|Starter Plan||Unlimited Plan||Enterprise Plan|
|Costs $49 per month and allows up to 4 users||Costs $79 per month and allows unlimited users||Costs from $149 per month with a custom plan and allows unlimited users|
|Offers unlimited chats and file sharing along with task management||Offers unlimited chats, file sharing, and task management with custom invite links||Offers unlimited chats, file sharing, and task management with premium support and Single Sign-On|
|Offers up to 12 member guests||Offers unlimited users and member guests||Offers advanced team management and a dedicated testing sandbox|
|Platforms||Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and the Web.|
Microsoft Teams is another chat application for business, that helps groups stay organized and connected with a suite of features. Teams allow you to chat, video conference as an attendee or a presenter, make audio calls and collaborate with file sharing. Make the best use of Teams with screen sharing and Together Mode, like in the above image. Moreover, teams help you organize workflows and are available in 53 different languages.
Features Offered by Microsoft Teams
- Teams help you to leverage AI during meetings and webinars and display the context of the meeting, with quality audio and video.
- Teams allows you to organize and host live events with members of as many as 10,000, within your organization or outside of it
- Invite anyone with an email to your video conferencing with just a link, and enhance your productivity in real time.
- Teams also allows you to record meetings, chat during live meetings, turn on captions in real-time, and many more functionalities, making it the perfect team collaboration application.
- You also get to manipulate your background like blurring it or even changing it, to have a more focused meeting.
Pricing for Microsoft Teams
|Microsoft Teams Free Version||Microsoft 365 Business Basic||Microsoft 365 Business Standard||Office 365 E3|
|Is free of cost||Costs Rs125 per user per month||Costs Rs660 per user per month||Costs Rs1320 per user per month|
|Allows for chat and collaboration||Allows for chat and collaboration with some features of meetings and calls||Allows for chat and collaboration with some features for meetings and calls||Allows for chat and collaboration along with unlimited meetings and calls|
|Partial features with productivity applications and security||Partial features with productivity applications and security||Full range of security compliance and productivity applications||Full range of security compliance and productivity applications|
|Does not offer administrative features or support||Does not offer administrative features or support||Offers a suite of both administrative features and support||Offers a suite of both administrative features and support|
|Platforms||Android, iOS, and the Web.|
Flock is a team communication application that offers seamless collaboration among colleagues and organizations, with an all-around suite of features. With the help of custom channels and team directories, organize conversations and use productivity-enhancing tools, all in the same place. Flock can be efficiently used for different domains including Sales, Marketing, and Human Resources, offering you excellent customer support.
Features Offered by Flock
- Chat with colleagues, make voice and video calls, and share screens in real-time, to collaborate without feeling distant.
- Create dedicated channels for focused communication public or private and view all your new messages at once, regardless of the channel.
- Flock allows you to send personalized voice notes, and search, share, and pin your channel history, for any important messages or notifications.
- Flock also allows you to share files up to 100 MB on your device or cloud, and offers a minimum of 5 GB space for users for file storage.
- Flock also offers a number of security features such as data retention, Authentication, Administrative features, and managing permissions.
Pricing for Flock
|Free/Starter Plan||Pro Plan||Enterprise Plan|
|Is free of cost with basic features for small teams||Costs Rs199 per user per month for midsized teams and companies||Costs Rs349 per user per month for larger enterprises|
|Unlimited chatting with individuals and groups and up to 10k searchable messages||Unlimited chatting with individuals, groups, and searchable messages||Unlimited chatting with individuals, groups, and searchable messages|
|Up to 10 Public channels and 5GB storage space per team||Unlimited public and private channels with 10GB storage space per team||Unlimited public and private channels with 20GB storage space per team|
|Offers single team admin and one on one video calls||Allows multiple group admins, video calls for groups, and screen sharing||Allows multiple group admins, video calls for groups, and screen sharing|
|Platforms||iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and Linux.|
Rocket.Chat is a team communication hub that helps you collaborate with colleagues, manage data and enhance productivity. Be it file sharing, chatting, or audio/video conferencing, Rocket.chat helps you do all of that on an ideal and unified platform. Moreover, Rocket.chat is fully customizable and can be tailored to your needs, while also offering ML-based message translation in real time.
Features Offered by Rocket.Chat
- Rocket.Chat allows you to integrate with WebHook integrations and plugins with popular applications such as Drupal and Pidgin.
- With an open source code for Rocket.Chat, you can customize the interface any way you deem fit, and tailor it to your specific needs.
- AI-powered real-time message translation in over 50 languages ensures everyone is on the same page, regardless of ethnicity.
- Rocket.Chat offers secure conversations with CCPA and HIPAA compliance along with moderators who can manage permissions.
- Rocket.Chat also allows for an omnichannel strategy, allowing you to integrate other communication tools, to serve your clients.
Pricing for Rocket.chat
|Community Version||Pro Plan||Enterprise Version|
|Free version for small teams to offer centralized communication||Costs $3 per user per month for SMEs for business communication||Custom pricing for larger enterprises and high scalability|
|Allows for up to 1k users and offers a custom domain||Allows unlimited users with a custom domain||Allows unlimited users with a custom domain and scope for scalability|
|Offers public, private, and broadcast channels||Offers all features in the free version along with guest users and end-to-end encryption||Offers all features in the Pro plan with secured push notifications and audit panel|
|You get queue management, chat tagging, integrations API||Real-time monitoring, Facebook, and Whatsapp integrations, and Omnichannel proxy API||Offers the use of Analytics API, priority assignment, and chat routing|
These top 5 team chat and office communication tools, and there are many more out there. Team chat apps are a natural communication solution for contacting and communicating with staff members, both for small employment and big institutions.
What is the best group chat platform?
Slack, Ryver, Microsoft Teams, Flock, and Rocket.Chat is the best platform for group chat.
What apps are good for group chats?
- iMessage group texting and chatting on iPhone.
- Google Messages group texting and chatting on Android.
- Messenger on Facebook and Instagram.
Is there a team chat app?
Yes, Slack, Ryver, Microsoft Teams, Flock, and Rocket.Chat is an example of a Team Chat App.